Friday, January 14, 2011

January 14, 2010 first post

Well not reallyanything significant to put up here today. Since this is my first post I might as well put up my objectives for 2011. In 2011, I really hope to do well, 2010 was a decent year, but it could've been better for me. Here are some of my objectives and field studies I'll be doing soon.
1. Eastern Indigo Snakes- study their habits, habitats, and so forth
2. Southern Hognose Snakes- study their habits, habitats, find secret places where they're most abundant.
3. The rare Eastern Tiger Salamander of Hernando County- Only 10 have been found in the last 20 years. One was found again last year, and my hopes are high for finding one. I also hope to collect one to observe habits.
4. Greater Siren Salamanders- find good ponds with a steady population, also hope to collect one and observe feeding habits, and maybe even find a pair and observe breeding habits.
5. Florida Cottonmouths- just find a place where I can go to observe one of my favorite North American pit vipers. Extreme caution must be taken, as their strike range is quite long, and there very unpredictable.
6. Eastern Coral Snakes- be able to find one and maybe even get up close and personal with one of the most beautiful and most venomous snakes in North America. Obviously won't handle or attempt to touch just because there a little twitchy, but I got to find one.
7. Start making documentaries of all my finds. Instead of making videos with me in it, I will be making short documentaries of everything I find to make them more professional.
8. The Short-Tailed Snake- Go to Chinsegut Nature Center to find this rare weak- constricting kingsnake. Haven't found one since June 2010, and it was my only one, but that nature center has the strongest population of them.

Well, thats basically it for my objectives, at least for Florida. I always find something new when I go to Texas, but I'm sure 2011 will be a good year, so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment